- Woke up feeling much better! All that’s left of the crud are some minor sniffles and occasional coughing.
- I’m going to redo Week 2 of HM training next week. Thankfully, I had built two weeks of “redo weeks” into my plan. If all goes well, I’ll end the program the exact week of my half marathon.
- Squats with a toddler on your shoulder = pretty decent substitute for a Smith Machine when you can’t make it to the gym.
- I’ve got an appointment to do the BodPod next week. Eeeeek.
- I’m still going to monitor my weight via my scale weekly but, I’m going to concentrate on getting my body fat percentage down to the 18-20 percent range.
- I weighed myself this morning and the number was significantly less than last week’s. I wonder what that’s all about. I kept up with eating well and my water intake but, I haven’t had a “hard core” workout in about a week and a half. Maybe my body really did need the rest?!
That’s all I got for now…I hope everyone’s having a great day. I’m off to disinfect my house. Crud, be gone!!!!
I know 2012 is the year of No Excuses…
But I’ve got four…
My whole body aches. Every little bit. It even hurts to move my eyeballs.
My coughing fits are so frequent and so violent, I feel like I’m going to toss my cookies. (I did once.) How lovely would it be to work out next me?
I go between teeth-chattering chills and feels-like-mid-summer hot flashes.
My nose is so raw both outside and in, it hurts me just thinking about it.
Good news (or maybe not, depending on how you look at it), the kids are cough and fever-free and back to their normal rambunctious selves. I’m hoping that when whatever I have passes, this house will be crud-free for the rest of the season.
sad face I’ll get back in the game soon! Promise. Hopefully, it’ll be just a couple more days.
My nutrition and water intake have been pretty good so, I’m not feeling too guilty taking a couple days off…
Swimming etiquette help…
1. Do I wear water socks/shoes in the pool? Or do I just wear them for walking around? Do you suggest flip flops instead?
2. Aside from bath towels, the only other towels I have are those really brightly colored beach towels. I won’t look like a doof using one of those, right? I never notice what type of towels the “usual” swimmer use so, I guess it doesn’t really matter…just thought I’d ask.
3. The time I plan on using the pool, it’s usually pretty empty so I don’t think I’d have to worry too much about which lanes to use, etc. But, just in case, any tips? Do the faster folks stay on the left or the right? Do you try to leave a lane free in between people?
My suit has shipped and should be here by the end of the week. YAY.
I am a TOTAL newbie to all this so, I hope I don’t make an ass out of myself. I have no idea what I’m going to do when I get in the pool…I’ll just consider it a small victor for getting in it. Baby steps.
Anonymous asked: are you a happy person?
Fo’ sho’. My life isn’t perfect but, I have no reason to be UNhappy. :)
Although, I will be a *millionbilliontrillion* times happier in 3.5 months when Joel comes home. And when MiniMr gets all his teeth in and we can be done with this horrid teething process. And, when I get rid of this d*mn cold….
But what about you, Anon? What compels you to ask a (I’m assuming) stranger if they’re happy? How are you? Send me a non-anon message if you want to talk. I promise you, I answer all non-anon messages privately. I’m not a therapist or a clinician but, if there’s anything I can help with, I’ll give it a try.
WOD Toys: Give your kids the Kool-Aid
I want to reblog this so I can show Joel. He’s for real been trying to get me to build a “kid gym” for the kiddos in the basement. We stumbled onto this site last month: www.toddlerfitness.com. But, we’re leaving in about 5ish months. I don’t know if I want to put in all that effort…not to mention $$$. Our property manager is, of course, against it.
Barbell Mini with removable plastic and rubber weights. 1.5 lbs
Kettle Kid 0.5 lbs
Medball Mini: 1 lb
Plyo Box Mini: 5 inches
Available for pre-order from WOD Toys. Ages 3+.
Anonymous asked: how many calories do you intake and how much exercise do you dooo!?
:/ I’m always wary of answering Q’s like this because I get concerned that what I say/write will get misconstrued and taken the wrong way. I’m not an expert, I haven’t had any formal training in nutrition or fitness; pretty much everything I’ve done on this journey has been through trial and error and finding what works for me. But, with that said, I hope that my experience can help you in some way.
I don’t count calories. I tried it for a couple months and I did have some success with it but, I couldn’t commit to logging calories into an app/notebook day in and day out. It stressed me out too much. I also don’t follow any type of diet.
Things that I Do do: Try to eat as clean and healthy as possible MOST of the time. I’ve said before that I am not the cleanest or the healthiest eater. I don’t restrict any type of food from my diet because that doesn’t work for me…it just makes me want to eat them more. Instead, I allow myself the freedom to eat what I want JUST IN MODERATION. I still have my cookies and cakes and ice cream…but I DON’T have them every day or even every week or every month. And I make allowances for them. If I know I’m going to a party/dinner with lots of temptations, I’ll maybe exercise a bit more or eater a smaller lunch that day. For those times I have unexpected “treats,” I don’t beat myself up over them. I just wake up the next day and move on. I’m human after all; I stumble from time to time. I can probably go and on but, this has become a long-winded answer to your question.
As for exercise, I try to do something active everyday. Even on rest days like take the kids to the park, chase them around the house, go for a walk around the neighborhood. When I’m at the gym, I enjoy going to group fitness classes, I run on the treadmill, go on the elliptical, row, and strength train…
Thank you, thank you, thank you ALL for the kudos re: my WIW post. I’m home with two coughing and feverish kiddos today and was thiiiiiis close to losing my sanity. (Both are napping now, thank God!) To see all the positive feedback…it’s overwhelming and certainly a bright spot in my day (more like week/month/year/life). THANK YOU. I’m going to get all cheesy for a moment and say that this community ROCKS. I was very fortunate to stumble into it. Here, I’ve found support, motivation, inspiration, camaraderie, and understanding.
So what’s next?
Truth be told, this started as a weight loss blog and *for the most part* it WAS a weight loss blog. The main purpose for my Tumblr was to document my journey in reaching my “ultimate goal weight.” But along the way, my ideals, mindset, attitude, etc. changed and I was introduced to so much more than just weight loss.
And now, even though I’ve reached my UGW, I feel like I am so far from being “done.” Actually (‘bout to give you all a whole heaping spoonful of cliche right here), I feel like I’m just getting started. My goals now include: running, biking, swimming, hiking, climbing, lifting, practicing yoga and on and on. I want to do it all! Or at least, *try* it all.
With that said, I was *thinking* (NOT sure if I’m actually going to do it) of moving to a whole new Tumblr. I’m definitely not leaving the community just wanting a “fresh” Tumblr since I feel like this one has served it’s purpose and I’d like to leave it as is. (Kinda like how people switch out journals every year or have different scrapbooks for different places they’ve lived, life events, each child, etc.)
Anyways, This was pretty ramble-y so I’ll rattle off now. Thank you all again for the kudos! I appreciate them more than I could ever express in a post.